Thursday, August 18, 2011

Daibutsu ~ (Great Buddha)










































Today we were not really sure what we were going to do, but I talked to Lisa Lemos the day before and she told me about going and seeing the Great Buddha. So after breakfast we went to see the tour guide to see where we needed to go. She gave us a map and directions and we were off. We got on a bus down the street from the hotel and that took us to the Shinagawa Station. As we were waiting for the JR train we asked someone if this was the right train to Kamakura, they didn't answer fast enough and I ended up on the train and Lonnie was still on the platform......OMG was not what came out of my mouth! Lonnie yelled a me through the doors and told me to get off at the next stop. While I was on the train, a man came over to me and told me that if I got off at the next stop, Lonnie would be two trains behind me, so I got off and waited there. A lady came and I asked her if I could use her cellphone and called Lonnie to let him know I was waiting. When we met up we were off again..... Together! We got to Kamakura and had to transfer to the Enoden Line. So we got our tickets. It took us about 50 min. But we made it to Hase Station where we got off and walked to Daibutsu ( Great Buddha ) it was beautiful! We got to go inside it also. It was cast in 1252 which makes it 769 years old. On our way back we stopped at a Vietnamese restaurant for coffee and noodles. We got back to the hotel and headed right for the bar, then up to relax before we head out to the pub Lonnie found yesterday in Roppongi. That night we headed back out and went to a Irish Pub and had a beer and then found a Sushi place and had some great sushi !!

No comments: