Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ryugujo Butterfly Garden ~ 2011































This is a three day weekend for us.. so we are trying to fit things in because we only have three weeks left in Okinawa. Today we went to the Butterfly Garden. We/I have been wanting to go for about four years now, we had been there back in 2001. Lonnie and I went into the Butterfly House and tried to get them to land on us.. They loved Lonnie.. they were all over him ! It took a long time for them to come on me.. (I kept moving) but I got two on a hat that I put on !! Most of the butterflies were called Paper Kite. The Paper Kite is the northernmost Ryukyu butterfly, and the biggest butterfly in Japan. It is black and white. We also saw a lot of Banana Spiders... They were huge !! Lonnie almost ran into one of the webs ! I was on total spider alert from then on .. I DO NOT LIKE SPIDERS!! It was fun to go there with Lonnie today !!

No comments: