Sunday, May 29, 2011

Typhoon Songda ~ CAT 3




































Well, last night we had ourselves a real typhoon.. Songda was here.. and left her mark. We went into TCCOR-1C at about 7:00pm.. winds were going wild. At 9:00pm we went into TCCOR -1E that's when the wind got really crazy and things started to fly, trees broke and power went out in many homes.. we did not lose power here.. but lost Internet at about 9:30pm . Lonnie and I were here by ourselves, Nick went to stay at Jobelles house.. and Kayleigh stayed at Alex's house with him and his mom. Mia, Meko, Lonnie and I hung out, watched movies, ate, and went outside a few times just to see how strong the wind really was.It was said that winds got up to 110 mph and was a CAT 3. This morning (Sunday) when I got up at 8:00am.. we were in the ALL CLEAR.. and started doing the clean up. It took Lonnie 3+ hours to do our yard and our neighbors yard (they are off island) with help from Kayleigh and Nick. I did help a little.. but really not much I could do besides rake. I know I have said a few time that I really like Typhoons.. and I do, so I was so happy that we got one before we leave in Oct. The last few years.. we have not had any. Oh, and its not even Typhoon season yet.. that happens in JUNE !!! :) The first two pictures are the clean up we did.. the others are from friends.

No comments: