Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dragon Boat.. 2011




IT'S BACK !!! Dragon Boat season is here !! We started in Feb. and have been practicing three times a week.. Mon, Wed and Fri !! Kayleigh is doing it again with me this year and is so good that the coach (Tonja) wants her to be a turner !! This is our last year of doing Dragon Boat.. and as hard as it is.. through the rain and cold (and it does get cold) I LOVE IT !! I started rowing for Dragon Boat back in 2001. My friend Karen asked me two practices before the big race if I wanted to row. I said sure and we went down to the port for the "boat practice" that was my first rowing!! When we came back in 2007, I wanted to row again but had missed that race ( its in May every year) So I started again in 2008 and have rowed every year since. Its hard, there are days that I really don't want to go.. but I like being part of the team, I like the girls and I really like that its something that Kayleigh and I can do together !! I will be posting more pictures from now until the race ( May 5th) but here are just a few I found ...

No comments: