Saturday, March 13, 2010

Meko Seizure #3 3.13.10


Today Kayleigh had this wonderful idea to take the dogs to the beach... I don't think that Meko has been to a beach since we have been here and I don't think that Mia has ever been to a beach.. so we went... Meko LOVES the water.. so he was in right away. Mia dived right in also which was a surprise to both of us. After a few minutes, Meko started going around in circles.. we thought that he was going to "go" in the water so we were trying to get him out, when all of a sudden he fell.. the seizure had begun. He was in the water at the time.. Kayleigh and I kept his head out of the water (away from his mouth) and tried to talk to him. He is a heavy dog so trying to get him out of the water was out of the question. When Meko was done, another dog came up to him and while Kayleigh was trying to keep him away.. she punched me in the mouth. I now have a fat lip. Came home and called the Vet. left a message and they still have not called back. So, we gave both dogs a bath to get the sand off and now they are laying around. Although I still think Meko is a little freaked out. I'm just glad he is ok.

No comments: