Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tsuboya Pottery Festival 11.21.09







Today Christine and I went on a ITT tour to the Tsuboya Pottery Festival in Naha. I had never been to a pottery store, let alone a pottery festival so I was glad we went. There were many vendors and lots to look at. I ended up buying 5 bowls. It took me forever to decide on what I really wanted.. I love Okinawa, but not really into the "Japanese" look. So I bought some white-ish bowls that I think will go with anything. I also got a bowl with a sunflower on it.. (you know me and sunflowers.. had to get it !) We also got to make some pottery !! I made a bowl and Christine made a cup. I had never done anything like that. It was a lot of fun to work with the pottery wheel and clay and with some help, it came out ok. We pick it up sometime in Dec. for a pottery barn past Naha.. should be fun to try to find it.




Here are some pictures of some pottery and me making a bowl.......




No comments: